Sunday, January 30, 2011

And finally....

The end of my cooking spree...baked a cake for the hubby's birthday. Had a friend drive me to the grocery store to buy the mix while he was at work. I tried to make it super festive, with bright colors and fun candles. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate fudge frosting...but the candles were so thin that when I poked them into the cake an hour after it came out of the oven, they started melting and tipping over. I gave up, pulled them out and stuck the cake in the fridge for a bit. We had dinner and then I surprised him with the cake....but the candles decided to be troublesome again. Since they weren't straight candles, the wax dripped onto the cake. Not usually a problem, just scrape off the wax drops, right? but some dumb girl decided to cover the cake with candy dots--the same color as the wax. Oh, I have much to learn in the kitchen....


Fortunately the birthday boy still liked it...

2 comments:

manju said...

The candles are looking nice and different.Your effort shows.Good to know that u can make a cake.

Alina said...

WOW!! I think we're within driving distance, no?